Why your business should embrace tablets in 2013
Technology is ever-present in today’s world, and if you want your business to keep up with the industry, you need to stay on top of the latest technological trends. One of the recent tech trends most relevant to business is mobile tablets, and there is no better time than the New Year to embrace this trend in your workplace. Tablets have extensive and valuable uses across all industries, so regardless of whether you are in retail, finance, healthcare, education or another area, you can find a way to use tablets to improve your business in 2013.
Not only will you generate excitement among your employee and customer base by implementing this trend in your organization, but as you start and continue to use this technology, you will quickly realize the benefits that mobile technology brings to various areas of your business (including the bottom line!). If you are not quite convinced, though, here are some reasons why tablets are worth the investment for the coming year:
- Increase employee productivity: Tablets keep your employees connected to your business at all times. Whether they are traveling on a business trip or on the train to/from work, they can easily pull out their tablet to check email, update a document or catch up on the latest industry news.
- Attract top performers: You can use tablets as a major selling point when interviewing job candidates; the best employees are not only excited by the idea of using mobile technology to complete their work, but many have come to expect it. Even if you cannot provide a tablet for each individual employee, prospective employees will be impressed by the fact that your company knows how to use technology to get the job done.
- Increase profit: More and more businesses are using tablets for credit card processing, inventory checks, or instant online ordering, and all of these factors make it easier for your business to make money. The increased mobility provided by tablets means that employees can instantly access the information customers need to make a decision and a purchase, ultimately resulting in more sales and more profit for your company.
- Encourage innovation: Open up new opportunities for your business by encouraging employees to find and use the mobile applications that could help them better do their jobs. Whether they are news apps, health information resources, or custom-developed apps for your business, there are a plethora of apps out there that may help your business do something in a more efficient manner.
- Stay connected: Perhaps you already use social media to keep the world informed about what’s going on with your business, but you don’t want to limit your interactions with the virtual world to business hours! Equip your dedicated social media contact with a tablet to ensure that they can share pictures, links and updates in real-time.
As you can see, there are many benefits to reap from using mobile tablets in your workplace. The opportunities to increase employee productivity, attract top performers, increase profit, encourage innovation and stay connected are just a few of the ways in which tablets can improve your business in the next year. If you are still hesitating, you don’t have to look far to validate the success of tablets in the workplace: many corporations and business leaders have already started using tablets as a business tool and are daily reaping the return on this worthwhile investment!